Are you resourceful, quick-thinking, and customer-friendly? Do you enjoy puzzling out technical issues? If so, then this is the job for you!
About the Job
As part of our team, you will work with clients to solve IT problems, maintain networks and servers, and deploy hardware/software as needed. This is often accomplished over the phone with the client, with some onsite time.
You are not alone! You will join a team of knowledgeable IT professionals with a variety of functional expertise. In addition, we have well documented standards that guide our work. MME is a great place to expand your IT skills and grow your career.
- You will be working with Windows Desktop operating systems, MS Office applications, RDP, Windows Server operating systems, Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, DHCP, Virtualization, DFS, MS SQL Server, WatchGuard, VOIP phone systems (ShoreTel, Mitel, Weave, Cisco, etc.), Antivirus products, backup tools (Acronis, Carbonite), VLANs, VPN, and more.
- This position requires working with a variety of hardware including PCs, servers, network equipment, backup systems, printers, scanners, Ubiquiti products, specialized dental equipment, and more.
- Installations can be physically demanding and include unpacking, lifting and carrying equipment, installing hardware (sometimes in difficult to reach locations), and using hand power tools.
- For the most part, you will work Monday to Friday. However, network installations may be scheduled outside normal business hours or over an occasional weekend. This position is eligible for overtime pay.
- We provide a company van for driving to client sites. If the van is unavailable, MME pays mileage reimbursement.
- We expect that you will be billable for 55% of your time.
The Ideal Candidate
- 1+ years of relevant experience in a systems environment (see above); preferably in a client-facing role. Experience in a consulting environment similar to ours is a huge plus!
- Related AS degree OR equivalent experience
- Superior client/customer service skills
- Outstanding communication skills – both written and verbal, including follow up to ensure issues are completely resolved
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Attention to detail is critical
- Quick learner
- Goal oriented and able to resolve tasks quickly and efficiently, and able to work under minimal supervision
- Professional appearance
- Must be available and dependable during scheduled hours
- Able to perform the physical aspects of the job
- Requires a satisfactory motor vehicle record that will make our insurance carrier happy to have you on board
How to Apply
For immediate consideration please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a current resume in PDF or Word format. We look forward to hearing from you!
In the body of your email please tell us about an interesting or difficult technical problem that you recently solved.
View all of MME’s latest career opportunities here.