Are you resourceful, quick-thinking, and customer-friendly? Do you have a high degree of technical knowledge? If so, then this is the job for you!
About the Job
As part of our team, you will be involved in all areas of installing, integrating, supporting, and maintaining our clients’ networks.
- You have a high degree of technical knowledge and customer-facing skills to work independently, or to take the lead role, when working in the field at our client sites.
- This will include providing technical support at our client sites as well as remote support, which involves working over the phone with end-users. We provide a company van for driving to client sites. If the van is unavailable, MME pays mileage reimbursement.
- This position requires working with a variety of hardware and software including PCs, servers, network equipment, backup systems, printers, scanners, specialized dental equipment, and more.
- Installations can be physically demanding and include unpacking, lifting, and carrying equipment, installing hardware in difficult to reach locations, and using hand tools.
- For the most part, you will work Monday to Friday, as those are the days that most of our clients are operational. However, network installations may be scheduled outside normal business hours or over a weekend. This position is eligible for overtime pay.
- Must be available and dependable during scheduled business hours.
- Requires a satisfactory motor vehicle record that will make our insurance carrier happy to have you onboard.
- We expect that you will be billable for 55% of your time.
The Ideal Candidate
- Related associate degree OR an equivalent combination of additional experience and/or certification
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a network environment; preferably in a consulting environment – experience in a client-facing role such as IT support in a consulting environment similar to ours is a huge plus!
- Superior client/customer service skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Attention to detail is critical
- Professional appearance
- Outstanding communication skills; both written and verbal, including follow up to ensure issues are completely resolved
- Quick learner
- Goal oriented and able to resolve tasks quickly and efficiently
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated and able to work under minimal supervision
- Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting:
- Windows desktop operating systems 10, 8, 7, XP
- Microsoft Office applications
- Office 365 hosted email
- Common third-party business-grade products (i.e. Antivirus, disk imaging, server backup, Internet/network equipment, printers, and scanners)
- Microsoft Remote Desktop (workstations)
- Good with power drills and hand tools
- Senior level experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting:
- Windows server operating systems 2019, 2016, 2012, 2008
- Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, DHCP
- Microsoft Remote Desktop Services (servers), Microsoft RemoteApps
- Virtualization technologies for servers and workstations (MS HyperV)
- Microsoft Distributed File System (DFS)
In addition to the above job requirements, we would really be interested if you have some or all of the following experience:
- Dell server and network hardware
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Ubiquiti UniFi wireless networking products
- Ubiquiti Security Camera Systems
- WatchGuard Firewall Security Appliances
- Sonos Sound Systems
- VOIP phone systems (ShoreTel, Mitel, Weave, Cisco, etc.)
- Antivirus Applications (LogMeIn Antivirus)
- Remote Support tools LogMeIn and LogMeInRescue
- Acronis Backup Software
- Carbonite Internet Backup
- Network design with Microsoft Visio
How to Apply
For immediate consideration please respond to email@example.com and attach a current resume in PDF or Word format. We look forward to hearing from you!
In the body of your email please tell us about an interesting or difficult technical problem that you recently solved.
View all of MME’s latest career opportunities here.